Cranberry Ice Cream Pie
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Spread oats in shallow pan; bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
Combine with brown sugar, coconut and butter; mix well. Press into bottom and side of a 9-inch pie pan. Chill.
- Spoon ice cream into crust. Cover with aluminum foil; freeze until firm.
- Cook cranberries in 1/2 cup water in saucepan until cranberries
pop. Add sugar. Cool for 10 minutes or until mixture thickens. Cool. Spread over ice cream.
- Serve immediately or freeze until serving time.