Eggnog Chiffon Pie
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 baked pie shell
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Combine gelatine and milk in small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat eggnog in top of double boiler.
- Beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar until thick.
- Gradually stir into warm eggnog and heat all 10 to 12 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add gelatine mixture.
- Stir in brandy, and vanilla extract. Chill about 1 hour.
- Beat egg white and 1/4 cup sugar. Fold into eggnog mixture. Pour into pie shell.
- Top with whipped cream and top with nutmeg or chocolate curls.