Cranberry Sauce Garnishes
- 1 or 2 (16 ounce) cans Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- Cookie cutters in assorted shapes
- Lettuce leaves
- 1-2 oranges, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Individual plates or platter
- Cut an orange into 1/2-inch round slices. For younger children, have an adult do the slicing. Set aside.
- Open the top of the cranberry sauce can with a can opener. Insert a rubber spatula into the can, between the edge and the sauce to break the air seal. Gently shake the can to slide the log of sauce onto your plate or serving dish.
- Slice the jellied sauce log into 1/2-inch slices. Again, for younger children, have an adult help with the slicing. Place individual slices on cutting board. Use a cookie cutter to cut out a turkey shape from the center of each slice. Or use other shapes like leaves, stars, etc.
- Place leftover sauce in a dish and refrigerate to use with leftovers or as a sandwich spread.
- Using a spatula, gently place the sauce shapes on top of orange slices and lettuce leaves.
- Garnishes can be placed on individual dessert plates for each place setting, or grouped on a serving platter.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: