Sweet Potatoes with Macaroon Topping
- 6 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons plus 4 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 6 macaroons, crumbled
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, 6 tablespoons
butter, brown sugar, amaretto or extract, salt and ginger; beat until smooth.
- Stir in the pecans and marmalade.
- Transfer to a greased 11 x 7 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Toss macaroons with remaining butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Yield: 8 servings