Apple Sausage Stuffing
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling or apple cranberry pie filling
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 (14 ounce) package herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- In a large skillet, brown sausage; drain.
- Add butter, onion and celery; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until
vegetables are tender.
- Stir in pie filling, broth and parsley.
- In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes, pecans and apple mixture.
- Place in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325
degrees F for 40 minutes.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings