- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 5 double Graham crackers, crushed fine
- 8 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate or 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Butter an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract, flour and
Graham cracker crumbs and mix on low speed, then medium speed, until crumbs
form a meal that can be pressed together.
- Press into prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes; cool.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, then run under broiler for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Cool and cut into bars with a non-serrated knife.
Makes 16 bars.