Pumpkin Pie-Stuffed Cookies
Sugar cookies stuffed with pumpkin pie filling - a delicious combination!
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin pie mix (not plain pumpkin)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 roll (16.5 ounces) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small bowl, mix pumpkin pie mix and cream cheese; set aside.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour until mixed well.
- Sprinkle work surface with additional flour. With rolling pin, roll dough 1/8
inch thick, adding flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- With floured 2 1/2-inch round cutter, cut 24 dough rounds, rerolling scraps as
- On large ungreased cookie sheet, place 12 dough rounds about 2 inches apart.
- Spoon about 1 heaping teaspoon pumpkin mixture on center of each round.
- Top each with another dough round, crimping outer edges with fork to seal.
- Sprinkle tops of cookies with cinnamon-sugar mixture, gently spreading around
with fingers if necessary.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes; remove to cooling rack until completely
25 min prep time
55 min total time
Store cookies in refrigerator because of the cream cheese in the pumpkin filling.
Leftover cookie dough can be baked into sugar cookies.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Cookie Calories 160 Calories from Fat 60
Total Fat 6g 10% Saturated Fat 2g 11% Trans Fat 0g 0% Cholesterol 10mg 3% Sodium
120mg 5% Total Carbohydrate 24g 8% Dietary Fiber 0g 0% Sugars 14g 14% Protein 2g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Pillsbury.