Hot Crab-Avocado Casseroles
- 1 California avocado
- Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 1/2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can crab meat, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cut avocado lengthwise into halves; remove seed and skin. Cut several lengthwise
slices for garnish; chop remainder. Brush avocado with lemon juice.
- Blend butter, flour, salt, red pepper and thyme in saucepan. Stir in milk gradually.
- Cook over low heat until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Stir in crab meat. Heat to serving temperature.
- Add chopped avocado.
- Spoon into 2 individual casseroles; sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with sliced avocado.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.