Cowboy Beans. Gather the recipe ingredients along with Johnsonville® Rope Sausage and Shiner Bock® Beer for a quick meal packed with flavor and protein! This is a great dish to bring for a backyard barbecue, potluck dinner or tailgate party.
- 1 (12 ounce) package JOHNSONVILLE® Cracked Black Pepper Smoked Beef Rope Sausage or Smoked Beef Brats, cut into coin-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Shiner Bock® Beer, divided
- 3 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Salt Lick™ Original or Spicy Recipe BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir sausage and onion in oil over medium heat until lightly browned; about 5-7 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup beer to deglaze the pan; cook and stir over medium heat until beer is evaporated, about 15 minutes.
- Add the pinto beans, black beans, BBQ sauce, molasses and remaining beer.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 15 min | Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Keywords: cowboy, ranch