- 1 cup Butter Flavor CRISCO
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick oats (not instant or old fashioned)
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup flake coconut
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, cut into quarters (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease baking sheet with Butter Flavor Crisco.
- Combine Butter Flavor Crisco, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended.
- Stir in oats, corn flakes and nuts with spoon.
- Stir in coconut and cherries.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until set.
- Cool for 1 minute on baking sheet.
- Remove to cooling rack.
Yield: about 4 dozen cookies