Southwest Cowboy Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled tortilla chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces green chiles, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced and drained
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the crushed chips and butter and press into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- In large mixing bowl, whip cream cheese until fluffy.
- Beat in the salt and eggs, one at a time, until smooth.
- Fold in the shredded cheese and green chiles.
- Pour into the prepared crust and bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine sour cream and taco seasoning and pour over the hot cheesecake.
- Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, garnish decoratively with the diced and chopped vegetables.
- Serve with salsa on the side.