Steeler Baked Beans
This is a recipe I use every football season.
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 3 to 4 heaping teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 onions, diced
- 1/2 jar molasses
- 4 large (1 pound 11 ounce) cans baked beans, drained
- 4 tablespoons vinegar (or slightly less)
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 16 ounces ketchup
- Cook bacon and onion until tender; drain.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and stir until well blended.
- Bake in a 5-quart slow cooker on LOW setting for 5 hours.
The longer it cooks, the better it tastes.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 8/4/02 6:48:08 pm.
Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - recipe by Thomas Stokes, Shaler Township