- 23 pounds boneless beef (1 inch cubes)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 ounces dehydrated onions
- 1 pound 8 ounces all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons thyme, flaked
- 3 gallons water or beef stock
- 5 pounds 5 ounces canned sliced carrots, drained
- 6 pounds 12 ounces canned small whole potatoes, drained
- 6 pounds 8 ounces canned green peas, drained
- Trim all visible fat from beef cubes. Brown beef cubes in oil. Drain.
- Add onions, flour, garlic powder, paprika, pepper and thyme. Add water or stock. Bring to boil.
Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for approximately 1 1/2 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Add carrots, potatoes and peas. Cook until vegetables are heated through, approximately
- Pour into serving pans. Portion with a 1-cup ladle.