Chocolate Pecan Cookies Mix in a Jar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (clean inside of jar with a paper towel after this layer)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 3/4 cups flour mixed with 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart wide mouth canning jar, pressing
down firmly after each ingredient.
- Attach the following recipe on a gift tag.
Chocolate Pecan Cookies
Empty jar into large mixing bowl, using your hands to thoroughly mix. Add 1 stick
soft butter, 1 egg (slightly beaten) and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional).
Mix until completely blended. You will need to finish mixing with your hands. Shape
into balls the size of walnuts. Place 2 inches apart on sprayed cookies sheets.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 11-13 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool
5 minutes on baking sheet and remove cookies to racks to cool completely.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.