Dreamsicle Cookie Mix in a Jar
- 1/2 cup powdered orange flavored drink mix, such as Tang
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla baking chips
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Combine the flour with the baking soda and baking powder.
- Starting with the Tang, then sugar, vanilla chips and ending with the flour
mixture, layer the ingredients in a clean glass wide mouth quart-size
jar. Press each layer firmly in place before adding the next ingredient.
- Attach a gift tag with the following recipe to the jar.
Yields 2 1/2 dozen.
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Empty contents into a large mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup softened butter,
1 egg, slightly beaten, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix until
completely blended. Roll heaping tablespoonsful into balls. Place
2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 12 to
14 minutes or until tops are very lightly browned.
Cool for 5 minutes on the sheet then remove cookies to wire racks
to cool completely.