Gingerbread Cookie Mix in a Jar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- Mix 2 cups of the flour with the baking soda and baking powder.
- Mix the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour with the spices.
- In a one-quart,
wide-mouth canning jar layer the ingredients starting with the flour
baking powder mixture, then the brown sugar, and finally the flour
and spice mixture.
- Attach a card to the jar with the following recipe.
Empty contents of jar into a large mixing bowl. Blend together well.
Add 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine, 3/4 cup molasses and 1
slightly beaten egg. Mix until completely blended. Dough will be
very stiff so you may need to use your hands. Cover and refrigerate
for 1 hour.
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Roll dough to 1/4-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into
shapes with a cookie cutter. Place cookies on a lightly greased
cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Decorate