Georgia Cornbread Cake
You won't find any cornmeal in this cake! The pecans lend a cornmeal texture.
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups pecans, chopped very fine
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour
a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Stir together sugar, brown sugar, eggs and oil in a medium
bowl until smooth.
- Stir in flour and vanilla extract.
- Add pecans and stir until evenly mixed.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top.