Old South Ham Pie
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham (2 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, sauté ham and onion in butter until onion is tender.
- Combine soup and milk; stir into ham mixture.
- Add broccoli; heat through.
- Pour into an ungreased shallow 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Combine biscuit mix and water until a soft dough forms.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough 10 times. Roll out into a
12-inch square; sprinkle with parsley.
Roll up jellyroll-style. Cut into 12 pieces; place over the ham mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits
are golden and ham mixture is bubbly.