Couscous with Roasted Vegetables
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 -inch wide strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2 -inch wide strips
- 1 small yellow squash cut into 1/4-inch thick diagonal slices
- 1 small zucchini squash, fresh, cut into 1/4-inch thick diagonal slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 ounces feta cheese
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine peppers and squash.
- Mix together salt, pepper, garlic, seasoning, oil and balsamic vinegar; toss with vegetables.
- Spread vegetables evenly in sheet pan and roast for 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Reserve left over marinade.
- Cool vegetables, toss with remaining marinade, couscous and cheese.
Nutrition: Each serving provides approximately: 306 calories, 1 g protein, 43 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 10 g fat (4 g saturated), 21 mg cholesterol, 26 mcg folate, 1 mg iron, 655 mg sodium
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Wheat Foods Council
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.