Grilled Halibut with Tomato-Avocado Salsa
Looking for a seafood dinner? Then check out this grilled halibut recipe that is ready in about an hour.
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut, tuna or swordfish steaks, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons canola or soybean oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
- If fish steaks are large, cut into 6 serving pieces.
- Mix remaining ingredients except Tomato-Avocado Salsa in shallow glass or plastic dish.
- Add fish; turn to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes but no longer than 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix all tomato-avocado salsa ingredients together. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Remove fish from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Cover and grill fish 4 to 5 inches from medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, brushing 2 or 3 times with marinade and turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Serve fish with salsa.
Prep: 20 min | Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 170mg; Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 2g), Protein 23g
ercent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 2%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1 Vegetable; 3 Lean Meat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.