As Good as Mashed Potatoes But Fat Free!
- 4 medium Idaho® potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), scrubbed
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 dashes Tabasco® pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Pare the potatoes or leave skin on, according to taste. Cut into 1 inch cubes, and place in heavy medium saucepan. Add water, garlic, parsley, Tabasco and salt, bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat, cover and let cook for about 20 minutes, stirring and breaking potatoes up with a fork. Add more hot water if potatoes seem too dry. Continue stirring and mashing potatoes for about 5 minutes until the water is absorbed and the potatoes are soft and lumpy.
- Remove from heat; stir in the mustards, horseradish and sour cream.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Nutrition Facts: Amount per serving: Calories 110 Total Fat 0 Cholesterol 0 Sodium 447 mg Total Carbohydrate 25 g Protein 3 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Idaho Potato Commission
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.