Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 1 cup fruit-based fat replacement or unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided use
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute
- 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fat-free dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch tube pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine fat replacement and 2 cups sugar; beat until fluffy.
Stir in vanilla extract. Add liquid egg substitute, 1/4 cup at a time, beating after
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add alternately
with sour cream to other mixture, beating enough after each addition to keep batter
- Spoon 1/3 batter into prepared pan.
- In a bowl, combine cinnamon, nuts and remaining sugar. Sprinkle 1/3 of the mixture
on batter in pan. Repeat layers of batter and cinnamon mixture 2 more times.
- Bake in heated oven 1 hour 10 minutes (70 minutes) or until knife inserted in
center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack before serving.
Nutritional info 1/16th recipe serving: 299 calories (9% calories from fat);
8g protein; 3g fat; 62g carbohydrates; 0mg cholesterol; 341mg sodium
From the kitchen of Linda (Ltlgranny).