Honey and Spice Glazed Turkey
Honey mixed with a variety of fragrant spices is brushed on this turkey toward the end of roasting time.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 (14 to 16-pound) Butterball® Fresh or Frozen Whole Turkey, thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix chili powder, garlic powder, allspice, cumin, salt, red pepper, honey and water in small bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey; discard or refrigerate for another use. Drain juices from turkey; dry turkey with paper towels. Turn wings back to hold neck skin against back of turkey.
- Place turkey, breast up, on flat roasting rack in roasting pan about 3 inches deep. Brush turkey with oil. Roast turkey for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, covering breast and top of drumsticks loosely with foil after 2 hours to prevent overcooking of breast.
- Uncover turkey breast and brush turkey with honey-spice mixture during the last 45 minutes of baking. Return foil to top of turkey and continue roasting until meat thermometer inserted deep in thigh reaches 180 degrees F.
- Let turkey stand for 15 minutes before carving.
Servings: 12 | Prep: 20 min | Total: 3+ hr
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 387 Fat 30g Cholesterol 66 Protein 22g
% Daily Value Saturated Fat 8g 0% Trans Fat 0g 0% Sodium 850mg 0% Carbohydrates 10g 0% Sugar 4g 0% Iron 0% Fiber 0% Calcium 0%
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Butterball, LLC
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.