Grape Nuts Cereal
- 3 1/2 cups Graham flour
- 1 cup brown sugar or 3/4 cup syrup
- 2 cups buttermilk
or sour milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Sift flour. Measure and add baking soda and salt. Sift again. Add sugar to flour
and mix thoroughly. Add buttermilk to dry ingredients. Beat until smooth.
- Spread dough 1/4-inch thick on flat, greased pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for
approximately 15 minutes or until crisp and a golden brown.
- Let cool thoroughly
and grind through a food chopper.
- Crisp in oven just before serving.