Sara Lee Original Cream Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup fine Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Crust: Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine Graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter and mix well. Press the mixture
firmly into an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Press flat onto bottom only.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F for the filling.
- Filling: Combine cream cheese, sour cream, cornstarch and sugar in the bowl of
a mixer. Mix until the sugar has dissolved. Add the butter and vanilla extract and
blend until smooth, being careful not to over-mix or the filling will become too
fluffy and will crack when cooling. Pour the filling over the crust.
- Bake at 350
degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes
- Cool for 1 hour.
- Topping: Mix the sour cream and confectioners' sugar. Spread the mixture
over the top of the cooled cheesecake.
- Chill or freeze until ready to eat.
>> NAME BRAND RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.