Stouffer's French Coconut Pie
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 1/3 sticks butter
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) can Baker's coconut
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Melt butter, set aside.
- Beat eggs slightly, thirty seconds to one minute. Add sugar, vinegar, and vanilla
extract and beat until well combined, about one minute. Add melted butter or margarine
and beat until thoroughly combined, about two minutes. Add coconut and mix just
until well distributed. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Bake at 425 degrees F for 10
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 30 to 35 minutes,
until top is golden brown and filling is set. If pie appears to be browning too
quickly, reduce oven to 325 degrees F and tent a piece of aluminum foil loosely
- Hold pie at room temperature for serving.
- Serve with unsweetened whipped cream,
lightly flavored with vanilla extract.
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by philocrates at Recipe Goldmine 5/10/02 2:05:34 pm.
Source: This claims to be the restaurant recipe from a former worker.
>> NAME BRAND RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.