Oyster Stew is a must serve dish in many homes on New Year's Eve!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 leek, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pound mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pint shucked oysters, liquor reserved
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Half-and-Half
- Kosher or sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add leek and onions. Cook over low heat until transparent.
- Add white wine; cook for three minutes.
- Add reserved oyster liquor, whipping cream, thyme, oregano and cayenne pepper; simmer for five minutes.
- Add oysters; bring to simmer.
- Add Half-and-Half; bring to simmer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 8 servings