Cinnamon Nutella Cake
- 6 ounces softened butter
- 6 ounces caster sugar or fine sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 8 ounces self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons Nutella
- 2 ounces hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 185 degrees C (350 degrees F). Grease and line the base of an
8-inch round cake pan.
- Put butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and milk into a bowl.
Beat with a wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes, or with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes
until light and fluffy. Tip 3/4 of the mix into the cake-pan, spread it level, then
spoon the Nutella on in four dollops. Top with the remaining mix, swirl a few times
with a skewer, then smooth to cover the Nutella. Sprinkle with the nuts.
- Bake for
1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until risen, nicely browned and springs back when lightly
pressed (cover with foil if it starts to brown too quickly).
- Cool in the pan for
10 minutes, then turn out, peel off the paper and cool on a wire rack.
- Wrap tightly
in double-thick foil to keep fresh for up to a week.
This cake freezes well!
Source: BBC'S Good Food