- 2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (about 100 degrees F)
cup granulated sugar
- 5 cups pastry flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter at
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 cups Nutella
- Place the yeast and water in a small bowl and whisk together let stand until
- Place the sugar and flour in a bowl of a mixer and add the butter and mix just
to incorporate the butter. Add the dissolved yeast warm milk and salt and mix just
until the dough comes together. The dough will be very soft.
- Grease a bowl well with butter and place the dough in the bowl and let rise about
1 to 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in volume.
- Spread the dough on a lightly floured board to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut the puffs
into rounds and let rise on a lightly flour board loosely covered for about 1 hour.
- Heat the oil until it reaches 350 degrees F.
- Fry the puffs and drain on paper
towels, then quickly sprinkle with sugar.
- Cook the remaining puffs. When cool enough
to handle, fill with Nutella using a pastry bag fitted with a small straight tip.
Makes 3 dozen donuts.