- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Nutella, divided
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios, shelled
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together 3 whole eggs, 1 egg yolk (reserve extra white) and 1 cup sugar until completely blended. Add 3/4 cup Nutella and stir to fully incorporate. Add pistachios and dried cranberries. Fold in flour, salt and baking powder.
- Divide dough in half and form into 2 (12 x 2 inch) logs on parchment- or foil-lined cookie sheet. (If needed, moisten hands with water periodically while forming dough to prevent sticking.) Brush logs with remaining egg white and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes, rotating cookie sheet once after 15 minutes to ensure even baking.
- Turn oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Remove logs from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- While still warm, cut logs widthwise on slight diagonal to form 1/2 inch wide strips. Lay on sides on baking sheet. For crispy biscotti, bake cookies for another 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, whisk together remaining 1/4 cup Nutella, the confectioners' sugar and the boiling water until smooth. Lay biscotti on parchment- or foil-lined cookie sheet and drizzle glaze over cookies with fork or dip one end of each cookie into glaze. To harden glaze, dry at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Shared with Recipe Goldmine by Janelle Parker.