Nutella Ice Cream Torte 2
The Nutella freezes firm on the ice cream, but remains soft enough to cut easily.
The pistachio, strawberry, and vanilla ice creams make a pretty pastel color contrast,
but you can substitute other flavors that contrast in color and taste.
- 2 pints pistachio ice cream, softened until spreadable but not melted
- 2 pints
strawberry ice cream, softened until spreadable but not melted
- 2 pints vanilla
ice cream, softened until spreadable but not melted
- 1 cup (13 ounce jar) Nutella
chocolate hazelnut spread (at room temperature)
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of Nutella into a small resealable sandwich bag. Press out
the air and seal. Set aside to use for the topping.
- Spread the pistachio ice cream evenly over the bottom of 9-inch diameter springform
pan with at least 2-inch high sides. Spread the ice cream carefully to the edges.
- Using half of the remaining Nutella, drop teaspoonsful evenly over the ice cream.
Do not spread the Nutella to the edge. When the springform sides are removed, the
edges of the ice cream will show as pastel layers without Nutella.
- Spread the strawberry
ice cream evenly in the pan.
- Drop teaspoonsful of the remaining Nutella over the
strawberry ice cream, but do not spread it to the edge.
- Spread the vanilla ice cream
evenly in the pan. Use a thin metal spatula to smooth the top of the torte.
a small hole in one corner of the filled sandwich bag. Press the Nutella through
the hole in the bag to form crisscrossing lines over the top of the torte. The lines
should reach to the edge of the torte.
- To Freeze: Freeze the torte 15 minutes to firm the Nutella topping.
- Wrap the
torte tightly with plastic wrap. Cover with heavy aluminum foil, gently pressing
the aluminum foil against the torte.
- Freeze at least 4 hours or up to 2 weeks.