Fancy Spiced Nuts
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 pound nutmeats
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/3 teaspoon ginger
- 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
- Beat lightly the egg white and cold water.
- Dip nutmeats into the egg white mixture.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Drop nutmeats one at a time into dry mixture and roll about lightly. Keep
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 250 degrees F for at least one hour.
- Remove from oven and shake off excess sugar and spice mixture.
- Store tightly covered.