Italian Chicken Packets
- 1 chicken, quartered, or 2 pieces chicken per packet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 fresh ripe tomatoes or 1 can drained tomatoes, chopped
- 4 large green olives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- Wash chicken quarters or pieces; drain and pat dry.
- Peel and chop tomatoes if using fresh tomatoes.
- Cut 4 (12-inch) pieces of aluminum foil, and grease one side of each with
- Place a chicken quarter or chicken pieces in center of each piece of foil.
- Combine onion, garlic, tomatoes, olives, basil, oregano, celery salt, and
pepper and mix well.
- Spoon sauce over each chicken packet. Top with a bay leaf.
- Fold foil into neat, sealed packages. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 40 minutes to one hour, until chicken is cooked.
- Serve from package.
Yield: 4 servings
Disclaimer: For health reasons, we do not encourage cooking in aluminum foil. We suggest either parchment baking paper or, if grilling, natural cedar wraps.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.