Mexican Chicken Packets
Mexican Chicken Packets are great with creamy pasta, colorful Spanish rice or
just plain baked potatoes.
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 pieces chicken, with skin on and bone in, about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken. Mix well.
- Lay out 4 pieces of aluminum foil or parchment paper about double the size
of each piece of chicken.
- Lay chicken on half of each foil piece, skin-side down, and paint with sauce.
- Turn chicken, skin-side up, and paint with remaining sauce.
- Wrap each piece of foil or parchment around chicken and fold edges to seal
- Place chicken pieces on a cookie sheet and bake for 55 minutes to 75 minutes
for large pieces. Chicken should be fully cooked when juices run clear and no pink remains.
- Place pouches on heated dinner plates and let guests open them at the table.
Disclaimer: For health reasons, we do not encourage cooking in aluminum foil. We suggest either parchment baking paper or, if grilling, natural cedar wraps.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.