Cream Puff Squares
Source: The Pampered Chef
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
Filling and Topping
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages
vanilla instant pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed,
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate for baking, chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- For crust, heat water and butter in saucepan over medium high heat until
butter is melted and mixture comes to a boil. Stir in flour all at once using
bamboo spoon. Reduce heat to low and stir mixture vigorously about 1 minute
or until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a ball. Remove pan from heat;
let stand 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until mixture is smooth.
Spread mixture over bottom of rectangular baker using large spreader.
- Bake 20 minutes. Surface will puff unevenly.
- Prick 10 to 12 times with hold n slice to release steam. Continue baking
5 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- For filling, pour milk into classic batter bowl. Add pudding mixes; whisk
two minutes until thickened. Fold in two cups of the whipped topping. Spread
mixture evenly over cooled crust. Refrigerate one hour.
- For topping, place chocolate and remaining whipped topping in small micro
cooker. Microwave, uncovered on HIGH for 30 to 40 seconds; stir until smooth.
Pour chocolate mixture into small resealable plastic bag. Close bag.
- Cut dessert into 15 squares. Cut off very tip of one corner of the plastic
bag with kitchen shears. Garnish with a drizzle of chocolate.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve or serve right away.