Veracruz Skillet Corn Cake
Source: The Pampered Chef
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8
1/2 ounces) corn muffin mix
- 1 package (9 ounces) golden yellow cake mix
cup granulated sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in Large (10-inch) Skillet over medium-low heat.
Tilt pan to allow butter to coat base of skillet; remove skillet from heat to
Stackable Cooling Rack.
- Finely chop, thawed corn using Food Chopper. Place corn and remaining butter
in Small Micro-Cooker(R). Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until butter has melted;
stir and set aside.
- Place eggs, egg yolk, milk and vanilla in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk until
well combined using Stainless Steel Whisk. Stir in corn mixture. Add corn muffin
mix, cake mix and sugar. Whisk until well combined. Pour batter into skillet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out
- Carefully remove skillet from oven using Oven Pad or Mitt (handle will be
hot). Place skillet on cooling rack; cool 5 minutes.
- Carefully invert onto Round Serving Platter; cool 15-20 minutes.
- Place desired stencil of Cake Stencil Set over cake. Sprinkle powdered sugar
over stencil using Flour Sugar/Shaker. Remove stencil by lifting straight up.
Serve using Slice 'N Serve(R).
Yield: 10 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 330, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol
80 mg, Carbohydrates 48 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 460 mg, Fiber 2 g
Tool Tip: Keep hands free while quickly separating egg whites from yolks using
the Egg Separator. Secure handle hanging notch onto rim of Small Batter Bowl. Crack
egg into wire basket, discard egg shells. Coil designed basket allows egg white
to slide through coils while yolk remains in the basket.