Barbecued Pot Roast
- 1 (3-4 pound) boneless chuck roast
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Rub the meat well with crushed garlic, using one clove for each side.
- In a 5-quart or larger pressure cooker, brown roast well on all sides over medium-high
heat. If it begins to smoke, reduce heat to prevent burning. Remove roast and set
- Add oil and onion and cook until softened.
- Add beef broth, tomato paste, water, brown sugar, dry mustard, paprika, lemon
juice, cider vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Scrape bottom of cooker to remove any remaining bits of meat left over from browning.
Stir well until all ingredients have dissolved and contents are boiling.
- Return roast to pressure cooker and turn to coat with sauce. Close lid and bring
pressure to second red ring (high pressure) over medium-high heat. Adjust heat to
stabilize pressure at second red ring. Cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and release pressure per manufacturer's instructions.'Slice
the meat and arrange on a serving platter, spooning some of the sauce over and sprinkling
Serves 6 to 8.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.