- 3 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced leeks, white part only
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a 4- to 6-quart pressure cooker place the cabbage, leeks, milk and butter
or margarine. Layer the potatoes over the cabbage mixture and sprinkle with salt
- Lock lid in place and place pressure cooker regulator on vent pipe (if first
generation cooker). Over high heat, bring cooker up to pressure. Reduce heat so
pressure is just enough to maintain a gentle rocking. Cook for 5 minutes. Quick
release the pressure. Carefully remove lid. Mixture will appear curdled.
- Remove vegetable mixture to a large mixing bowl. Mash with a potato masher or
with an electric mixer at low speed, adding additional milk if necessary to make
light and fluffy.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.