Tex-Mex Mini Ravioli Soup
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion (about 1 cup chopped)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup bottled salsa, mild or hot
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese mini ravioli
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional, for garnish
- In a 4 1/2-quart Dutch oven or soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion, adding it to the pot as you chop. Stir and
cook until the onion starts to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, salsa, corn and ravioli to the pot. Raise the heat to
high, and bring the soup to a boil.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain the beans, and add them to the pot. Cook the soup
for 5 minutes at a moderate boil, until the ravioli is cooked through and tender.
- Emove the pot from the heat, and let the soup rest for 5 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into individual serving bowls, and top each serving with a little
sour cream, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Approximate values per serving: 295 calories (17 percent from fat), 6 g fat
(2 g saturated), 27 mg cholesterol, 15 g protein, 46 g carbohydrates, 9 g dietary
fiber, 1102 mg sodium