Tex-Mex Spicy Chicken and Rice
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 bag Success brown rice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Ro*Tel
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or chick peas (or both)
- 1 small jar pimentos, drained
- 1 cup diced onion
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic pepper
- Chili powder
- In a deep wok-type pan pour enough extra virgin oil oil to cover the bottom of
the pan. Sauté chicken tenders seasoned with garlic pepper until just about done.
- Add chili powder (enough to cover all of the chicken) then add red peppers, green
peppers and onion, sauté with chicken until tender.
- Add tomatoes and beans, then add the uncooked rice and let the entire pot stew
over medium heat. Cook until rice is done.
You may need to add more crushed or diced tomatoes because rice will absorb fluid.
If you want it spicier, add more chili powder and/or black pepper. You can also
use jalapeno peppers to add real zest.