Baked Crawfish Macaroni and Cheese
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 pound cheese, cut into small cubes*
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked Louisiana crawfish tails, roughly chopped
* (any mix of pepper jack, Gouda, sharp or mild cheddar, Colby jack, etc.)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the pasta to al dente, drain, and stir in the butter.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray and add the pasta.
- Mix in the cheese, sugar, eggs, milk, and crawfish tails.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the macaroni is bubbly and the top is golden brown.
Total: 50 min | Serves 6
Recipe courtesy of Irma Thomas.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: louisianaseafood.com