Cajun Pecan Catfish
The flavors of the Louisiana bayou country come to life in McCormick Gourmet Collection Cajun Seasoning – a spicy-hot blend of peppers, onion, garlic and herbs.
- 1 pound catfish fillets*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet Collection Cajun Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Collection Thyme Leaves
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet Collection Parsley Flakes
* Substitute cod, pollock, rainbow trout or striped bass for the catfish.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat shallow baking pan with cooking spray; place fish in pan.
- Mix oil, Cajun seasoning, lemon juice and thyme in medium bowl. Spoon or brush 1/2 the mixture over fish.
- Add pecans, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and parsley to remaining oil mixture; mix well.
- Coat fish on both sides in bread crumb mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes (depending on thickness of fish), or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: