Cajun Sausage Bread
- 1 pound hot ground sausage
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped*
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (1 pound) loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet; add garlic. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, green pepper and jalapenos. Stir in the sausage mixture and cheese; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each loaf of dough into a 13 x 9-inch rectangle. Top with sausage mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges. Roll up jellyroll style, starting on long edge. Place on greased baking sheets. Brush loaves with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: 2 loaves