Cajun Shrimp Stir Fry
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon fish-flavored bouillon granules
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled medium-size
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 (14 ounce) can Cajun-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- Hot cooked rice
- Cook bacon in a large wok or skillet until crisp; remove bacon, reserving
3 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch, bouillon granules and water; set aside.
- Peel and de-vein shrimp. Pat shrimp dry; sprinkle with Creole seasoning.
- Pour 2 tablespoons reserved bacon dripping around top of preheated wok or
skillet, coating sides; heat at medium-high (325 degrees F) for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp; stir fry 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove shrimp, and set aside.
- Pour remaining 1 tablespoon reserved drippings into wok; add green pepper
and celery, and stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, and stir fry 2 minutes.
- Return reserved shrimp to wok, and add cornstarch mixture; bring to a boil.
Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with reserved bacon.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Yield: 4 servings