Cajun Squash Casserole
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (Cheddar, Swiss or Parmesan)
- Heat butter in skillet. Add layers of squash, tomatoes, onions and pepper
in that order, using 1/3 of vegetable for each layer. Make three layers. Season each layer with Cajun seasoning.
Cover tightly and simmer until tender (10 to 15 minutes).
- Stir in White Sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese of your choice and bake at 350 degrees F for