Creole Artichoke Bisque
- 8 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 16 ounces butter
- 6 cup beef stock
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 3 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, undrained
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 ounces light cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- Melt the butter in a heavy pot and add the flour. Over low heat, cook for 5 minutes,
- Slowly add the stock and when well mixed, add the celery, onions, green onions,
bay leaves, thyme and garlic. Let this simmer for 45 minutes.
- Chop the artichoke hearts fairly fine and then add to the pot, along with the
artichoke water. Cook at a low simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, the Tabasco, wine and cream and bring to a simmer.
Do NOT boil.
- The bisque is now ready to serve.
- Sprinkle a bit of parsley over the bisque in each bowl.