Gulf Coast Seafood Stew with Rice
New Orleans meets San Francisco in this Gulf Coast Seafood Stew with Rice. Flounder, crab, shrimp and oysters make up this dish that's gumbo, part cioppino.
This recipe is gluten-free!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
- 5 1/2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can gluten-free tomato paste
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Spanish Rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound flounder, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pint shucked oysters with liquor (juice)
- Heat oil in large saucepot or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add celery, bell pepper, onion and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in water, tomatoes, tomato paste, Rice Mix and salt; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add fish, crabmeat, shrimp and oysters. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until oysters are curled.
- Season as desired with hot pepper sauce.
Prep: 20 min | Cook: 55 min | Yield: 12 (1-cup) servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Zatarain's