Chocolate Potato Candy
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup cold mashed potatoes (without added milk or butter)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 salt
- 1 pound chocolate or candy coating
- Combine sugar, coconut, potatoes, vanilla extract and salt and
- Line a 9-inch pan with foil covered with a non-stick spray (or
use butter or shortening on the foil). Spread the mixture into the pan, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut candy into rectangles. Cover and freeze.
- Melt the chocolate and dip the bars into the coating. Place
on wax paper to harden.
- Store in an airtight container.