Chocolate Shamrock Bread Pudding
Topped with fluffy whipped cream and a sprinkling of cocoa, Chocolate Shamrock Bread Pudding is a great way to celebrate on St. Patrick's Day (or any day!).
Can be made without liqueur for a delicious chocolate bread pudding.
This recipe can also be made with NESTLEÒ CARNATIONÒ Evaporated Fat Free Milk.
Leftover egg whites can be used to create Confetti Frittata, Mini Morsel Meringue Cookies or Good-for-You Choc Oat Chip Cookies featured on VeryBestBaking.com.
- 10 slices bread, cubed (6 cups)
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 8 large egg yolks, beaten
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream (optional)
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Place bread cubes in prepared baking dish.
- Heat evaporated milk in medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring just to a boil. Remove from heat. Add 1 1/2 cups morsels; whisk until smooth.
- Combine egg yolks, sugar, liqueur and salt in large bowl. Slowly add milk mixture; whisk until smooth. Pour over bread; pressing bread into milk mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup morsels.
- Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream and dusting of cocoa, if desired.
Nutritional Information: calories per serving 420 calories from fat 140
% daily value * Total Fat 15g 24% Saturated Fat 9g 44% Cholesterol 145mg 49% Sodium 270mg 11% Carbohydrates 59g 20% Dietary Fiber 3g 13% Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 20% Iron 6% Sugars 46g Protein 10g
* Percentage Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Very Best Baking