Mint-Chocolate Pudding Cake
- 1 (2 layer size) box yellow cake mix*
- 1 (4 serving size) box JELL-O Pistachio Flavor InstantPudding & Pie Filling
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 drops green food coloring
- 1 package (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, chopped**
- 20 chocolate-covered thin mint candies
* If using cake mix with pudding in the mix, reduce water to 3/4 cup.
** Substitute 1 1/2 cups BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks for the chopped chocolate squares.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cake mix, dry pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, extract and food coloring in large bowl of electric mixer. Beat on low speed just until blended. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes. Stir in chocolate. Pour into a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. (Do not over-bake.)
- Remove cake from oven. Place candies in single layer on top of cake.
- Return to oven. Bake an additional 3 minutes or until candies begin to melt. Immediately spread melted candies evenly over cake to cover top of cake.
- Cool completely.
Prep: 15 min | Total: 1 hr | Yield: 15 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Kraft Heinz Company